Smart City Institute Japan (SCI-Japan) is a private sector-led non-profit organization that was founded in October 2019 by Mitsubishi UFJ Research & Consulting, a think tank and a consulting firm, and NIKKEI, Asia’s leading economic media group. SCI-Japan is a leading knowledge and public-private-academic partnership platform to promote the expansion and advancement of smart cities in Japan and the world with over 590 members and global partners.
SCI-Japan will organize “Japan Pavilion” at Smart City Expo World Congress 2022 in Barcelona for the first time, having their members’ exhibits from local governments and private sectors under the Japan’s smart cities vision “Digital Garden City Nation Initiative for Regional Well-Being with Open Innovation.
The pavilion’s key messages are “Regional Well-Being with Open Innovation” and “Smart City for Coexistence with Nature” for people-centric sustainable smart city and climate neutral society. In addition, SCI-Japan will announce “Liveable Well-Being City Indicator (LWCI), which is promoted together with Japanese government with the vision of “Digital Garden City Nation Initiative”.
1) Focal points of Japan Pavilion (Stand No. C171)
- Disseminating information on Japan's smart city initiatives to world smart city leaders to promote “City-to-City” collaboration for people-centric sustainable smart city and climate neutral society
- Introducing smart city initiatives in Japan, which aims to promote a "Citizen’s Well-Being" in the region through a human-centered, participatory, and public-private co-creation business model
2) “Digital Garden City Theater” *Please see program below.
- Video Message from Digital Agency, Government of Japan
- Announcement of “Liveable Well-Being City Indicators (LWCI)” as KPI of Regional Well-Being Goal in Digital Garden City Nation Initiative
- Dialogue or Start-up pitch session between Japan and other countries/cities
e.g. Catalonia, Barcelona, UK, Finland, Holland, Denmark
- Business matching opportunities in exhibition area and networking space
- Japan Night (1st and 2nd day：Invitation Only ) Co-organized by Consulate-General of Japan in Barcelona ：“Japanese Sake” arranged by Yashima
Exhibitors at the Japan’s Pavilion
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government
- Kyoto Prefectural Government
- City of Yokohama
- NEC Corporation
- Internet Initiative Japan
- ABeam Consulting
- Info Lounge
- Information Services International Dentsu
- Smart City Institute Japan (SCI-Japan)
Contact for SCI-Japan: